Have you loaded more airtime (credit) than you actually need on your mobile device? Here are 5 ways to convert and use excess airtime recharge on your phone.
When it comes to having excess airtime recharge on our mobile phones, the common mistake an individual could make to have excess airtime recharge on his or her phone is when you try to recharge N500 from your bank account but ended up recharging N5,000. This happens to almost everyone and there’s no perfection towards avoiding a scenario like that.
Another way is when people send you multiple airtime recharge but you just realized you can’t even spend it all in a month or two, well while you can convert that airtime into cash easily on AirtimeFlip, there are other things you can do with excess Airtime. And if you’re reading this tutorial, I’ll be showing you ways to convert and use excess airtime recharge on your mobile phone.
There are much better ways you can recover that excess airtime recharge on your phone, and it doesn’t even require you to do too much and you only need to have your phone or PC to get this done, and it’ll even save you the stress of going outside to pay utility bills because this tutorial will give you insight on different ways you can use your airtime recharge instead of blowing it all for voice calls and text messages.
Let’s dive right in!
- 1 Here Are 5 Ways To Convert and Use Excess Airtime Recharge on Your Phone
- 2 Conclusion
Here Are 5 Ways To Convert and Use Excess Airtime Recharge on Your Phone
You might be wondering how could you possibly convert and use excess airtime on your phone, well the first time I told someone who over recharged his phone to sell his airtime for cash on AirtimeFlip, he was surprised and couldn’t believe it is possible.
Converting excess airtime is possible and a platform like AirtimeFlip will help you out in making sure your excess airtime recharge will be useful for something else that would come in handy. I’ve written the 5 ways you can convert and use excess airtime on AirtimeFlip, and I’m sure after reading through these 5 methods, you’ll surely leave a good comment below in the comment box.
When thinking of how to recover an over recharged airtime anywhere in Nigeria, this is one of the best and fastest ways. On AirtimeFlip you can convert your excess airtime into cash and to do that, just follow the simple steps as detailed below.
- Step 1: You need to visit the AirtimeFlip website on your phone or PC, or you can download their official AirtimeFlip app from Google Play Store or iOS App Store, you’ll need to create an account if you’re still new to the platform. Existing users can log in to get started.
- Step 2: For new users, all you need to do is fill in the requested details and then check your email address for a verification email that was sent to it. Once that is done, you can now log into your account, then complete your profile by linking your BVN and also adding a primary bank account.
- Step 3: To convert airtime to cash, click on Airtime Conversion, Select Network Provider, Enter Mobile Number and Airtime Amount to convert into cash. Click on proceed, the ad you’ll be given a mobile number to send the airtime to via USSD.
- Step 4: Once you’ve transferred the airtime, your balance will reflect in your AirtimeFlip account. To send your converted airtime balance to your bank account, you need to click on Withdrawal.
- Step 5: After clicking withdrawal, choose where you want to withdraw to, Your Bank Account or Another Bank. Enter Amount and Proceed (N50 charges will be deducted).
That’s how you can turn your excess airtime recharge into cash and send it back to your bank account. Now let’s see how you can use your excess airtime for something else on AirtimeFlip.
Let’s say you’ve added the excess airtime into your AirtimeFlip account via the first method that was stated above, now here’s how you can use that balance in your account to pay your Electricity bill.
- Step 1: While in your AirtimeFlip account dashboard, look for Pay Bills menu and click on it.
- Step 2: After clicking on Pay Bills, you’ll need to specify if it’s Cable Payment, Internet Subscription, Power Bill or Education you want to pay for.
- Step 3: Click on Power Bill, then select your Electricity Power Provider, enter your Meter Number and Amount, then click on Proceed. Once done, your token will be sent to your email address or AirtimeFlip account inbox.
To buy internet data with the excess airtime recharged you have on your phone after you have sent it to your AirtimeFlip account, follow these easy steps below and you’re good to go.
- Step 1: Click on Buy Data Menu (Airtimeflip cannot be held responsible for numbers entered incorrectly. Kindly double-check the telephone number you’ve entered before Data Top-up)
- Step 2: Select your preferred network provider and select the data plan you want, now enter your phone number and click on proceed.
- Step 3: You’ll be asked to enter your transaction PIN, once you entered it correctly, the internet data will be activated on the phone number you provided.
Another payment you can make with your excess airtime recharge is to pay for your TV subscription and you can do that as well on AirtimeFlip, provided that you have an account there and you’ve transferred your excess airtime to your AirtimeFlip account.
- Step 1: Click on Pay Bills, and under it, you’ll select Cable Payment (Make sure the details you’re providing are accurate, e.g Smart Card Number and Customer Name).
- Step 2: Select the TV service you want to pay for, select Plan, enter your Smartcard Number and also Customer Name. Then select duration and the amount will be visible.
- Step 3: Click on Proceed and then enter your transaction pin, once confirmed, your TV subscription will be activated and you can now check your decoder to confirm it.
If you’re using a wireless internet service provider like Spectranet NG, surely you can easily pay for your Spectranet internet bill via your excess airtime recharge and that can be done with AirtimeFlip.
- Step 1: In your AirtimeFlip account, click on Pay Bill and then select Internet Subscription.
- Step 2: Select Internet Provider, Select Plan and enter Number of Pins.
- Step 3: Click on Proceed and then enter your Transaction PIN. You’ll be charged via the excess airtime balance you have in your AirtimeFlip account.
With the 5 ways above, you can rest assured that it is easier for you to convert and use excess airtime recharge on your phone, I hope you find this tutorial very helpful and don’t forget to leave a comment if you have any questions.